Join Our Team!
Whether you’re exploring entry-level sales opportunities or have several years’ experience in sales, if you exhibit an entrepreneurial drive, a commitment to excellence and thrive on competition, then this is the opportunity for you!
We’re the country’s largest multiline insurance and financial services company serving educators. At Horace Mann, we know educators are taking care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We provide auto, home and life insurance to protect what teachers and school employees have today, and retirement and financial solutions to help them secure their future.
As an agent with Horace Mann, you will have significant earning potential, access to an innovative training program and the opportunity to help provide solutions specifically geared to and priced for educators.
You will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation, including a monthly stipend and waived external location requirement for up to 36 months (alternate commission rates apply);
- A defined marketing territory;
- A niche market to increase your opportunity for success;
- Significant earning potential opportunity;
- Opportunities for rewards and incentives, including trips;
- Technology to support your base of operations;
- Ability to build an economic interest in your agency;
- A multline product portfolio;
- Support and best practices from other successful agents; and
- Marketing and relationship-building programs.
You’ll have the opportunity to:
- Learn key business competencies associated with our most successful agency owners;
- Attend networking, community, sales and industry events; and
- Play a vital role in protecting clients' assets and helping them achieve their financial goals.
A successful candidate will:
- Be dedicated to providing solutions to the financial challenges educators face;
- Excel at gaining market access and building relationships;
- Be comfortable presenting information to potential customers in both one-on-one settings and large groups;
- Be willing to invest time and resources to ensure business success; and
- Gain appropriate insurance and financial services licenses, including FINRA Series 6 and 63.
Previous backgrounds that have succeeded with us:
- Teacher/School Leaders
- Personal Bankers
- Past insurance professionals
- Financial planners
Exclusive Agents are independent contractors, not employees, of Horace Mann.
Horace Mann has been named to the "Forbes Top 100 Most Trustworthy Companies" list for 2013 and 2014.
Nominated by both employees and agents, we were named one of the "Best Places to Work in Central Illinois" by the Springfield Business Journal.
Awarded North America's highest honor in the field of cause marketing (where companies are connected with non-profits), a Cause Marketing Halo Award for our partnership with DonorsChoose.org. Horace Mann has contributed more than $1.7 million to classroom projects since we started our partnership with DonorsChoose.org in 2011.