A Business Development Representative (Real Estate) is commonly referred to as a real estate agent. Business Development Representatives assist their customers through every facet of the process of buying and selling real estate. A real estate transaction is overwhelming and stressful for many people, so clients depend on Business Development Representatives to help them with things like pricing their home, marketing it well, mediating during negotiations and creating a sales contract. Business Development Representatives must be customer-oriented and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Work with clients to get their property ready for listing and help them stage it and price it competitively
- Assist clients with the home search process and help them find a home that meets their needs
- Work with fellow Business Development Representatives to represent your customers and reach agreement on the sale or purchase of a property
- Understand your local real estate environment and be informed on home sales and listings
- Network with potential clients to add them to your portfolio and communicate with current clients to make sure their needs are being met
About Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices First Realty
First Realty has been in the Des Moines real estate market since 1960. We've earned a reputation of having knowledgeable agents who offer excellent customer service. With our commitment to market Greater Des Moines real estate at the highest level and the vision to be the most trusted real estate company in the Greater Des Moines market, our company exemplifies the respected reputation of Berkshire Hathaway.
Regulatory Notice. To work as a real estate agent (and be qualified for this position) you must have (or obtain) a real estate license. Like getting a driver's license, state authorized training/testing is required to get certified. Third-party educational institutions provide this fee-based training to the general public.